Monday, October 11, 2004

Stained Palms

You can always tell when I'm really into a manuscript because my left palm (I'm right handed) is covered with different colored inks in different stages of fading--notes I've written myself on my hand so that I won't lose or forget them. Notes that are so important yet so misty that I'm fearful of not getting them down somewhere solid immediately.

Today the inks on my hand are (in order of vividness) purple, turquoise, and red. In purple, I can make out the words "quail" and "Lutheran." In purple, I can see "Dad told B re: K when Q hurt" and "b/c R." The red is too faded to read and looks vaguely like an almost healed injury.

Have pretty much figured out the timeline. Spotted one noticeable inconsistency: K studying from texts days before school first begins for the year. Also need another home scene so the existing one doesn't feel like an orphan.