Sunday, October 10, 2004

Witches' Datebook

Arg! Having trimmed so much and tentatively inserted new scenes (three written, four to draft), the timeline/pacing is pretty much in shambles. At least for the first half of the book.

I see though that I have a Friday, the 13th in September, which, I realized after checking the past few years' calendars, means the story has to go by the 2002 dates.

That in mind, I just grabbed my Llewellyn's Witches' Datebook 2002, so I can use it to figure out what needs to happen when--additions and pre-existing!

(No, I'm not a wiccan, but I'm highly wiccan friendly. Notice above, by the way, the incredible Amazon sales rank on a wicca calendar almost three years out of date!)

Current word count: 45,441.

I'm a little freaked out about the Friday, the 13th emphasis because, after all, my dad died suddenly on the last Friday, the 13th (though it was in August, not September), but that feature is already multi-years built into the novel. Like it or not, I'm just going to have to face it head-on.