Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Blood In The Mail

Today I sent in my documentation in support of my membership in the Horror Writers Association. Proof that my advance and royalties were at a certain level and that my manuscript contains an element of horror. Basically, copies of excerpts from my contract and the second half of my advance for T.

It's much harder for a children's/YA writer to become a full member of the HWA than, say, SCBWI. Among other things, there's a word minimum for manuscripts to qualify, and some YAs, most middle grades, and all picture books would be shorter. T is an upper (14-up) YA though.

I also sent postcards for GLS announcing Tofu and T. rex (Little Brown, 2005). I'm such the devoted wife, I know.

Spooky Links

Angel and Apostle by Deborah Noyes (Unbridled Books, 2005); debut novel from the anthologist of Gothic! Ten Original Dark Tales (Candlewick, 2004).

Thanks to AS for the cyber anniversary card!