Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy Independence Day

Having spent last weekend at ALA and the weekend before that hosting WF, G and I are taking it easy this holiday. Yesterday, we did highly American things like shop at Target and eat sushi.

The air conditioner went out on the second floor ($700 repair incoming on Tuesday, delay due to the holiday weekend). So, we've put the futon and the daybed mattresses in the middle of the downstairs parlor and are "camping out" AKA "having a slumber party."

Last night, I had to explain what I meant by "light as a feather, stiff as a board" because apparently boys don't do that in sixth grade. Not that we had enough people to play anyway.

Spooky Link

10 Things Your Teen Won't Tell You...But She Did Me: The editor of a teen magazine tells what's on the adolescent mind. Note: On the writer of this piece, I don't see who or from what magazine, but I'm willing to take it with a grain O salt.