Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Target and Fortune Cookie Wisdom

"The Dread Pirate Roberts Wants You"
-a' la Uncle Sam, spotted on T-shirt
at Dragon's Lair

After dinner at Katz's, I went to Target to get a new makeup bag for my trip, and of course this mandated that I buy at least one thing that was not on my shopping list. Today, it was an umbrella. I was seduced by its small cuteness.

I'd be interested to know what subliminal shopping messages are laced throughout Target that affect me so profoundly. I'm not a shopaholic, but it's a miracle when I manage to get out of there for under $100.

Fortune that I stuck in my purse since the last time I've cleaned it:

"A friend is a present you give to yourself."

You bet! I'm very excited to see TLS at the airport on Friday.

Will be back in town the 27th! Please forgive any temporary falloff in posting regularity. I'm not sure how often I'll be able to log in between now and then.

Comic of the Week: JLA #116