Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Thai Fueled

Fading Cyn-ness was resolved by leaving campus for Thai dinner and great convo with a few fellow faculty. Lesson learned. I need to be a lot more attentive to my need for, say, calories. I'd had oddly low energy, a stomach ache, and mild tremors in my fingers for the past couple of days when it dawned on me that I was taking in about 1/5 of the energy that I do normally, and that probably wasn't a good thing. I need to remember that just because I'm busy doesn't mean that I'm a machine.

The real show of the day, though, was the speed-dating-esque faculty advisor/student interviews. I was excited and intrigued by all of the students who stopped by to visit and eager to see who's assigned to me! Just finished figuring out final deadlines for their various incoming packets.

I've sounded like a baby O late--what with reference the heat, the crows (nevermore!), and the need for nourishment, so I want to emphasize that I'm having a really fantastic time. Learning, growing, changing. I can feel it buzz, buzz, buzzing in my toenails.

Spooky Definition

ramose: having many branches (write KA and tell her you know what it means).