Thursday, July 14, 2005

Supergirl

I have packed my favorite book from childhood, my flash drive, vitamin C, my crits, my speech, my own books, a pillow case, Tevas sandles, two rolls of quarters (for water and laundry machines respectively), Dramamine (don't ask), my cell phone and charger, a travel alarm clock (that G still needs to show me how to set), my hot pink toiletries bag, a small umbrella, my employment forms, something with sleeves (my alumnae sweatshirt), and clothes.

I have also packed my rather worn, much beloved copy of Supergirl by Norma Fox Mazer (Sphere Books, 1984)(novelization of the movie starring Helen Slater), which I bought at Shakespeare and Company in Paris in 2001. As I have mentioned before, it is one of my most prized possessions. I'm very hopeful she'll autograph it for me and only slightly worried that she'll think I'm a dork for bringing it with.

Random Thought: I will miss Justice SDO, and it vexes me that people were talking about her replacement in the same breath as her retirement. When did we become such a "next!" nation?