Friday, July 08, 2005

Yummy Food, Cool Air, Good Friends, Good Books

I had a divine lunch at Z Tejas yesterday with a writer who's well published for adults and shifting to upper YA. Charming. We met when he took my class at the LTW.

Plus, the air conditioner is fixed! And it ended up costing $67, not $700--woo woo!

In other news, G and I received lovely thank-you cards for WF from FH, BY, LB, and SC. What sweeties! Speaking of which, Libba Bray has posted her WriteFest report to her LJ.

And as if all of that weren't enough, I'm reading the entirely fascinating Anyone But You by Lara M. Zeises (Delacorte, 2005)(more on that soon). What can I say? Life is good.

Spooky Link

New Light on Medicine: Pigments that turn caustic on exposure to light can fight cancer, blindness and heart disease. Their light-induced toxicity may also help explain the origin of vampire tales. By Nick Lane from ScientificAmerican.com.