Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Poe Me

Since arriving at VC, I have been rudely awakened earlier and earlier each morning in a "My Cousin Vinnie" manner by what I could only deduce (especially after yesterday's snake story) was a 60 foot goose lurking in the woods behind Noble Hall.

This morning I had had enough! I dressed quite fetchingly but still tough in an all-black ensemble (which is also supposed to make me look like a writerly intellectual for today's scheduled speed-dating ritual) with my treasured MVP (multiple viewpoint) baseball cap and shades. I stalked out onto the campus, tracking the nepharious goose-honking noises with full intent to butcher whatever creature had been plaguing me.

And then I spotted them. Three of them! These gorgeous Poe-esque birds of probably, oh, a mere 15 pounds but nevertheless impressive. We are not friends, these birds and I. But I will let them honk on today so long as they let me sleep in tomorrow.

Spooky News

Congrats to G on the brisk sales of his audio book of Ninjas, Piranhas, and Galileo (Recorded Books, 2004)! (Miss you!).