Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Beautiful Lady of the Lighthouse

I quite enjoyed the remake of "Yours, Mine, and Ours," but of course I love sappy movies. The "beautiful lady of the lighthouse" story though was a bit over the top, though. Yowza.

Too much of today was spent working on the website. A lot of the old-time content is from back before I had a consistent style, and not long ago, a grad student complained that not all of the early interviews were fully annotated. I spent about four hours on clean-up duty today.

In book news, my CP editor faxed me the "before" TOC pages for Tantalize (Candlewick, 2007), and my, are they long! Is it front matter or a novel unto itself? I look forward to the "after" version, due ASAP. My agent's assistant also emailed about a secondary rights request for Indian Shoes (HarperCollins, 2002), and I still need to take a closer look at that. Intrinsically, though, I love the whole concept of secondary rights.

DT (illustrator interview) also stopped by to pick up a stack of my books on writing and illustrating graphic novels/comic books. I hope they're of use to him.