Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Delicious Day

What a delicious day! I had the honor of lunching with the fabulous ERC, her very cute husband, and their son along with DHA and GLS at Green Pastures in South Austin, complete with peacock sightings. I'm not sure about everyone's lunch, but I had the grilled pesto chicken with avocado on yellow rice and ERC had a chicken salad with Macadamia nuts, cranberries, and manchego cheese, followed by creme brule for desert. GLS had what he said was the best steak he'd eaten in a restaurant in some time. ERC also gifted me with two small Chicago-themed journals just perfect for working on F&M.

I came home to an e-note from my CP editor, informing me that the Table O Contents Table was too long to fit on two spreads without it looking cramped. They didn't want to stretch to three because it's just too much to page through before the story starts. I replied that: "I'm firmly against anything that is insanely tight and off-putting. It reminds me of a dress I can't/shouldn't quite fit into--most ill advised. " In any case, it dawned on me that the reason the dates were there in the first place had been more for my own temporal reference than a carefully thought-out design element. I won't miss them, and I agree that it's best to play up the menu headers more as these go more to the flavor of the novel, so to speak.

VJ stopped by this afternoon to chat, and it was a pleasure to see him. Then ERC and her family also stopped by, also to chat (and for directions to Musashino, Hoover's, and the East Side Cafe). GLS and I grabbed dinner afterward at Hyde Park. I had a turkey burger with Gouda and mushrooms and the most fantastic Mexican bean soup.

I'm off to watch the remake of "Yours, Mine, and Ours." I loved the original, so I'm curious.