Tuesday, March 21, 2006

More Flap

My original quote for the back flap bio on T was stupid, according to GLS. He of course didn't say "stupid." He said something like "do you really need anything here?" and "can't you just use something from the author's note?" But I can translate.

Fear not! By the end of dinner, I had something much better. More conversational, less contrived, less trying, if you know what I mean.

This afternoon I sent it to my CP editor with some trepidation as I'd also fiddled with the first-pass front flap copy. What she'd had was wonderful; I just didn't want to give away quite that much of the story, especially since it's supposed to be suspenseful. So, I massaged a wee bit. This made me a little nervous, but the reply I got was quite enthusiastic, using words like "LOVE" in all caps and "off to copyediting." Hooray!