Saturday, March 04, 2006

If A Cat Sits On Your Manuscript, It Will Sell

"You will discover an unexpected treasure."
--most recent fortune from a cookie at Suzi's China Kitchen

Publishing legend has it that "if a cat sits on your manuscript, it will sell."

I'm not sure where I first heard this, but I prefer to believe it, especially because I have four cats and that greatly increases my odds.

[I'm not an expert on the success rate of dogs, rabbits, gerbils, etc., but as an optimist, I'd be hopeful].

I mention this because Leo Galilei, my tawny Egyptian Mau, sat on F&M this evening.

In other news, found an additional research tape from the History Channel. Will watch it tonight and start in on characters tomorrow.

By the way, spent a ridiculous amount of time/thought today debating with GLS on the gender of an animal character. He thought it should be male. I thought it should be female. Guess what? She's a girl. And for legitimate logic reasons revealed by today's research.