Thursday, August 25, 2005

How Hot Is It?

"Truth is stranger than fiction,
but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities;
"Truth isn't.
"
-- Mark Twain

It's so hot that I requested a bag of ice to put in the bag with my spicy salmon brown rice sushi so I could walk home from Whole Foods without worrying, and the bag was mostly water by the time I hit the back door. (Sushi was still cold, though).

GLS went to see "Cursed," a werewolf movie, without me. He noted that it, "Had Scott Baio in a minor role, the pompous guy from Dawson's Creek, and the guy who plays Lex on 'Smallville' with hair." For the record, I never thought of Pacey as pompous and I was a devoted "Joanie Loves Chachi" fan, possibly the only one.

Spooky Links

For those of you who like to indulge in pretentious reader-related purchases (but are on a budget), I'd like to point you to the Levenger Outlet (a great source, by the way, for editor/agent gifts). On a related note, Hold Everything is having a 15% off sale on shelves.

On a more esoteric note, this scares me.