Monday, August 22, 2005

The Spark Sparkles

While bathing, a novel idea I've been nurturing (as in "of which I have a full first draft") sparked brighter, offering up a better plot structure, new kickoff setting, and even some thematic thoughts. I so seldom have thematic thoughts at this stage, but it was one of those built-in kind of things. I could even dive back in now, except that I need to grade my packets (yay!) and do my essays (also yay!) first.

I find that water is very condusive to ah-ha moments. (Not that you should have literal sparkage and water together, just metaphorically speaking).

Otherwise, yesterday was kind of all over the place. I spent most of the morning working on my site with LF, then went with GLS for pizza at Mangia (I had the spinach dip, but he had deep dish), and after that, we hit the mall to pick up a couple of shirts and packs of socks for him.

On the "Buffy" front, since when is Spike a Texan? He actually uses the phrase "all hat and no cattle" in "I Only Have Eyes For You." Also Principal Snyder refers to a vegan protester who chains himself to the snack machine. This delighted GLS as one of his two POV characters in Tofu and T. rex (Little Brown, 2005) is a vegan. Finished season 2 with all its heartwrenching-ness. Take a break now.