Sunday, August 21, 2005

Why Would Chiropractors Exhibit at the Home and Garden Show?

GLS and I hit the Home and Garden Show at the convention center yesterday, which was quirky fun. Lots of pool people, deck people, air conditioning people (it is Texas), and the occasional chiropractor offering a free back alignment check. Then we hit The Four Seasons Town Lake for perfect margaritas and a cheese plate. By the way, when will I ever learn to not wear heels to a convention center?

Continued our "Buffy" marathon with "Surprise," "Innocence," "Phases," "Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered," "Passion," and "Killed by Death." It is with "Innocence" that the mythology arc of the series kicks into much higher gear. "Phases," though, is my all-time fave ep, probably because it's so Willow/Oz driven and because it's the first ep I ever watched on TV, necessitating my having to talk GLS into trying the series. The downside of my entering the timeline then was that I never felt, say, the full-impact of the Angel/Angelus transition. In "Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered," I was confused about Amy's use of Dianna as the goddess of love, as were apparently the nice people at the Buffyguide (scroll to goofs and gaffes). "Passion" reminded me that I always cry when Willow cries (it's worse when Buffy's mom dies and Willow/Tara breakup).