Wednesday, August 10, 2005

KC Cyn

Remote blogging makes me feel so cosmopolitan. I'm here in the KC area, writing from the hotel computer lab. Plane flights went well; apparently the combo of Drammamine and Sudafed knocked out both potential motion sickness and ear pain.

I took a private taxi car with its own driver to the hotel, which in the end was no more expensive than a shuttle, and I didn't have to stop umpteenth times. All good. I 635 has a monster detour. With my sense of direction, I'd probably be in Oklahoma by now.

I'm taking a couple of down days to push back against the burnout of the busiest summer of my life. Plan for tonight is bathing, a chick flick (if I'm feeling really ambitious), and sleep--the kind you can only get when four cats aren't competing for the right to wake you up first.

The downside: I miss G already.