Tuesday, August 30, 2005

MC Essay In Progress

After a summer of much travel and excitement, I'm back to the thrill of BIC (butt in chair).

Today, I put together a draft of an article to appear in a university press book about multicultural children's literature. It's supposed to be eight to 10 pages, and right now I have eight full.

I plan to show it to GLS and my crit group for feedback, and then go ahead and send early to the editors. Truth is, I'm not entirely sure what they're looking for, but there's plenty O time to adjust. Their deadline isn't until December.

You know, it keeps occuring to me that VC requires its students to write essays like this one, and that it's a valuable skill. I wonder how many of them realize that published authors put together pieces like this all the time. It's part of the greater discourse of the literary community, and it raises awareness of our titles in thoughtful circles.